Friday, May 6, 2011

Rain causes washout



The recent rains caused a cave-in along our perimeter fence. The washout left a hole several feet deep where goats could easily escape. It's not fancy but we used a couple T posts and some goat wire to build a V-shaped fence around the washout. I have several of these washouts along the creek on my western property line. Several years ago I had the soil conservation people come and do some work on a cost-share basis. It may be time to get them back out here again — if there is any EQIP money left in my county. If you are interested in seeking cost-share help for conservation efforts on your farm, visit your local Farm Service Agency office.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I quite enjoy your blog, it is very interesting. I am new at bloging and wondering if you could check mi blog out and see what you think

    Thanks so much
    Hal

    halsadayinthelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I quite enjoy your blog, it is very interesting. I am new at bloging and wondering if you could check mi blog out and see what you think

    Thanks so much
    Hal

    halsadayinthelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete