Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Xcelerator buck

His father is an Xcelerator son and his mother is an Xcelerator granddaughter.


With all the CCR Xcelerator kids I have sold over the years, I found myself without Xcelerator genetics this year. My last Xcelerator son died last winter so I have been looking for a replacement. 


One of my repeat customers who has bought does from me several times and continues to lease bucks each year wanted a sire for spring breeding. He also said he had a good buck he wanted to find a home for.  We ended up making a deal. I traded a New Zealand yearling TAY Onyx grandson for the 4-year-old buck above, whose sire and dam are both ECR Kikos. We each retained the option of first refusal on the bucks if either of us get ready to sell them.


My new buck is a purebred so he will go over my commercial herd. 


By the way, Xcelerator is still alive, enjoying his retirement. He turned 11 in February. He has his own little pasture and gets about 3 pounds of senior equine feed a day, which just melts in his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment